Two-Day Intro. to Motivational Interviewing Workshop
June 20-21, 2019 – $450
SORRY, THE INTRO. WORKSHOP IS FULL,
but there is still space in our other 2019 workshops.
This 2-day intensive workshop (part of an MI training series) will:
- Describe the “spirit,” key principles and four processes of Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Critically engage MI demonstrations via videos and live examples
- Demonstrate and practice the spirit and primary skills associated with MI, with specific attention to evoking change talk
- Become familiar with and practice the range of skills used in MI to engage with clients, focus the scope of the work, evoke change talk, dancing with discord and negotiate a change plan
These trainings are appropriate for helping professionals and paraprofessionals in the role of supporting individuals to make and sustain behavior changes: social workers, physicians, nurses, health educators, care managers, dieticians, counselors, psychologists, life and health coaches, clergy, probation/corrections officers, personal trainers, school counselors, and educators.
Included in the Workshop
- 14 hours of high-level training from national and international MINT trainers
- Light breakfast/Coffee Breaks/Light Snacks
- University venue with local food carts and hotels within walking distance
- 13 Social Work CEUs (6.25 and 6.75 Hours)
Training Location – Portland State University
School of Social Work, 1800 SW 6th Ave, 97201
6th floor, Room 620/630
- Located in the heart of downtown Portland in the middle of campus. (See map on next page.)
- Easily accessible via public transportation, with a host of nearby accommodations and restaurants.
- 9:00 am-5:00 pm; Lunch: 12:00-1:00 pm